As you can tell when you get up in the morning now…the cold weather has arrived. It’s time to check your heating system to be sure everything is in working order and ready for the winter. Below are some good routine steps we recommend.
- Get a routine maintenance and inspection of your heating system each autumn to make sure it is in good working order.
- Remember to replace your furnace’s air filter about every three months (at the start of each new season), but check them monthly — dirty filters mean your furnace has to work harder.
- If your heating system is old, you might consider updating it with one of the more efficient newer models. You can cut your natural gas use and your monthly bill!
- Make sure all heating vents are opened and unblocked by furniture or other items. This will ensure that the air is evenly distributed through the home.
- Be sure you have a working carbon monoxide detector in your home
Don’t be caught unprepared. Get started now! If you need help call Pinky’s Plumbing.